What the US Real Estate and Hotel Practice Does
We deliver broad risk management services and options that provide creative solutions capable of meeting the evolving needs of the organizations we serve, regardless of the size, nature or scope of their operations.
- Actuarial/Enterprise Risk
- Claims Management Services
- Employee Benefits
- Executive Risks
- Loss Control Services
- Political Risk
- Special Contingency Risks (Kidnap & Ransom)
- Specialty Benefits (Travel and AD&D)
We offer many services of special interest to the real estate industry:
- Contractual risk transfer. We review insurance provisions of leases, construction contracts and loan documents, assisting your legal team in the negotiation process. Insurance requirements that are clear and unambiguous minimize litigation regarding coverage intent after a loss occurs. We encourage our clients to forward insurance provisions to our attention for review prior to execution.
- Certificates of insurance and evidence of property. We understand the critical nature of accurate issuance and delivery of certificates of insurance and evidence of property for real estate transactions. Our Cert-Trac process offers fast turnaround - whether you need one certificate or one thousand.
- Coverage review. Part of our job is to review your coverage and identify uninsured loss exposures. These can be found in environmental coverage, miscellaneous professional liability and directors and officers liability. We can then assist you in making the proper decisions to protect your corporate assets.
- Portfolio premium allocations. Premium allocation spreadsheets are provided, per your specifications. Typically, we allocate premiums by location, by entity and by line of insurance coverage.
- Benchmarking. We have the expertise to benchmark rate, coverage and deductible levels so you can measure your program against those of similar real estate portfolios.
- Educational seminars. We can provide customized seminars for your property management team, covering topics such as insurance implications of contracts, certificates of insurance from subcontractors and tenants, and the state of the insurance market.
- Timeliness. We appreciate and understand that time is of the essence in many real estate deals. We respond quickly and produce the necessary documentation to help you get the deal done.
- Safety and security. We help develop programs that promote a safe environment for anyone who may be in a building: visitors, customers, residents or employees. We identify potential problems, recommend solutions, work to implement these solutions and then help monitor the result. In the world today, personal safety and security exposures abound and creating the safest location possible is of critical importance from both a human and corporate liability standpoint.
Willis Real Estate Practice Home