D&O Liability Insurance Products
Corporate directors' and officers' personal accountability to regulators and shareholders has never been higher. For individuals serving in management or on the board, this means personal asset exposure when expectations are not met.
The ability of companies and their shareholders to attract and retain qualified senior management and board members in the current environment depends significantly on their ability to indemnify and protect the personal assets of individuals agreeing to serve.
What Can Willis Do for You
Willis Executive Risks and Willis Professional Risks are dedicated to the creation, design, implementation and effectiveness of state-of-the-art Directors & Officers (D&O) Liability insurance policies. Our brokers are product experts with tremendous market savvy. We craft client-specific, efficient solutions that keep pace with changing exposures and an evolving, global D&O market. Typical coverage enhancements to a D&O policy may include:
- Coverage for non-indemnifiable and corporate reimbursement claims as well as for securities-related claims against the corporate entity
- Anti-rescission provision for non-indemnifiable claims coverage
- Non-cancelable policy (except for non-payment of premium)
- Severability in the application and exclusions
- Conduct exclusions crafted with "final adjudication" language
- Refinement of Application definition to specifically address attachments and duration
- Limit segregation between D&O and Fiduciary policies
- Order of payments provision
- Coverage for employed lawyers
- Outside directorship liability coverage
- International survey with local policies where required by law
Our business platform and service approach differentiate us.
- Business Model - our brokers work with clients and their insurers directly.
- Thought Leadership - Willis is committed to being the industry thought leader in all areas of Executive Risk, as evidenced by our proprietary products, timely newsletters and publications, and the expertise of our staff across a wide range of skills and backgrounds.
- Client Advocacy - our brokers work with clients to understand their business, organizational culture and insurance requirements; to present accurately and effectively their respective risk profiles; and to negotiate to a mutually agreed standard directly with the market.
- Claims Advocacy - our national practice is comprised of seasoned coverage attorneys who work with our brokers and clients in preparing technical coverage reviews and claims assessments and in resolving claims negotiations.
- Post-Placement Service - we are committed to excellence in customer service and to providing accurate and timely, ongoing administration of our clients' programs.
Frequently Asked Questions About D&O Insurance