The term Errors & Omissions (E&O) is one of the broadest in the insurance industry. It covers a vast range of exposures that vary with every industry and individual business. The coverage to protect these exposures must be customized accordingly.
The Willis E&O Practice thoroughly identifies these risks to help ensure that the E&O programs we design address the full gamut of issues and risks that each business confronts. We have an especially sharp focus on cyber or e-risks, as we recognize the central role played by information systems, the internet, customer information privacy and intellectual property in almost every business today. Willis provides exposure identification, insurance program structure and coverage placement for virtually every industry and profession, including:
- Advertising and promotions
- e-Risk including the internet, enterprise networks and information security
- Public officials
- School leaders
- Nonprofit organizations
- Intellectual property
- Miscellaneous services or professions
- Architects and engineers
- Construction (See our Construction Practice)
- Management consultants
- Hospitals/Healthcare (See our Healthcare Practice)
- Financial Institutions
- Insurance companies
- Private equity firms
What Can Willis Do for You?
Willis brings specific industry knowledge and the prior placement experience needed to fully understand your exposures and develop a relevant market strategy. For many E&O products there are no reference works or surveys to turn to, so the broker's experience and expertise are crucial components in obtaining the correct coverage at a competitive price.
Policy wording, always a key issue in any insurance program, is especially important in E&O, where standard wordings are the exception and there is a great variance between the approaches taken by different insurers. It pays to work with us on policy language during the program design stage.
The Willis model provides several advantages in the identification, placement and servicing of E&O and Professional Liability insurance.
- Service by professionals with an exclusive focus on E&O through a dedicated practice
- Proprietary products and programs, along with timely publications and expertise across a wide range of skills and backgrounds
- Specialized claims advocacy provided by attorneys with E&O experience
- Global market access to senior underwriters