Group Risk Manager for £12 billion turnover multinational retail organisation. A strategically important data centre was at risk of total destruction due to the fire hazards in a communicating warehouse. It had been difficult to decide the most cost-effective blend of risk reduction. Local management were hoping "it won't happen to us".
- To calculate the financial severity of the data centre's loss and estimate the probability of such an occurrence.
- To justify the cost-effectiveness of various countermeasures - individually and in combination.
Solutions We Provided:
- A combination of site visit, management discussion and risk analysis software.
- Sensitivity analysis which revealed the most critical issues.
- Annual average loss expectancy.
- Relative effectiveness of countermeasures both individually and in combination.
- Cost-benefit of countermeasures both individually and in combination.
- Identified the most cost-effective blend of countermeasures.
- Identified a project cost saving of nearly £500,000.
- Motivated management to implement the recommended improvements.