Who We Are
Special Contingency Risks (SCR) is the specialist division within Willis focused exclusively on kidnap & ransom and war & terrorism risks.
SCR has been assisting clients with personnel in high-risk environments since 1976, and with a market share of over 35% SCR is the global leader in its field. SCR personnel are located in London, Madrid, Miami and New York.
Unique to SCR is its security consultancy division, an in-house team of ex-servicemen with extensive international work experience and distinguished service in crisis situations. The security consultants are practised and professionally qualified in a wide range of security disciplines and have provided security advice and management to a range of multi-national clients in most areas of the world.
What We Do
We provide the expertise, attention to detail and resources that high risk exposures require. We develop a comprehensive package of pre-incident risk management, financial protection and crisis response solutions that specifically addresses your exposures. As the only broker with an in-house, kidnap-focused, 24/7 security team, we ensure that your organisation has the necessary resources to enhance employee safety and to protect your assets.
What SCR can do for you,
- Evaluate existing policy forms to close gaps in coverage and consolidate subsidiary programs if necessary
- Negotiate pricing and coverage enhancements to address specific threats
- Inform you on the changing security environment through electronic monthly bulletins and access to regional experts
- Monitor the changing capabilities of security firms retained by insurance carriers
- Match the most appropriate incident response firm to your specific regional operations
- Provide access to SCR's security team for threat assessments, travel awareness seminars, executive protection training and site security surveys
- Secure premium credit for incident prevention consulting (may be applied to services available from SCR's security team)